Re: Dolphin, Konsole and others are outdated

Dear Bruno,

Bruno Gonçalves Araujo - 19.05.19, 02:15:
> Dolphin, konsole and several other packages are getting pretty
> outdated in the testing and unstable repositories, is there anything
> that volunteers can do to improve this?

Thank you for your offer to contribute.

First off, please read about and understand the Debian release process.
Debian Testing is currently in freeze¹. So for anyone who knows about
the release process there is no surprise that the packages are not
updated until Debian 10 aka Buster is released.

If you like to help, I suggest you show up on #debian-qt-kde IRC channel
on OFTC and introduce yourself to the Debian QT/KDE team there. However
please understand this will not change the situation until Debian 10 is
released. Debian testing/unstable is not a rolling distribution during
that period.

In any case please refrain from sending mails which include image bugs
and tracking links like:

https://mailtrack.io/trace/mail/7d833[…;]

I was very close to not answering your mail due to that as I thought it
might be a spam mail.

And also please do not use HTML mails².

I highly recommend you use a mail provider that respects privacy.

[1] https://raphaelhertzog.com/2010/10/18/understanding-debians-release-process/ and other resources on the net explain it

[2] It is important to respect the code of conduct of the project you
choose to contribute to: