[RFC] advice about an upstream library that seems like a namespace grab

Dear Team,

I've been struggling to figure out how to name the following package.
It's a dependency of SyncthingTray, which--despite my slow progress--I'm
very dedicated to packaging, because it's the best freedom-respecting
alternative I've found to Dropbox and Google Drive that doesn't require
an OwnCloud server.

https://github.com/Martchus/cpp-utilities

IIRC it produces symbols named c++utilities, which is why it feels like
a namespace grab.  It seems to me that it should be prefixed under the
"martchus" namespace, eg: martchus-c++utilities, or
martchus-cpputilities.  Do we need/want the martchus prefix in Debian,
or would you bless this namespace grab?

Ideally this could be solved upstream...but worse case scenario we would
have to rename the library for Debian use, patch it to use the new
public symbol names (with the prefix), and also patch any software in
Debian to check for the new name--probably in addition to the old name,
to avoid the situation where software written for Debian doesn't work
anywhere else.  If we need to make Debian-only modifications I'll need
pointers to documentation about how to do this properly, without
creating a nightmare maintenance burden.

Looking forward to your replies!
Thanks,
Nicholas

P.S. @Lisandro, this is the dependency I mentioned I'd need advice about