Re: New QT Version - so again KDE problems

Hi Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Schindler wrote:

> I reported this some time before (1 or 2  month), now the same happens
> again.
>
> This is boring.
>
> Thank you, may be now for last time, as i will change all my systems to an
> other DE. I have no time for again and again working on the same really
> dump mistakes.
> If these things from time to time happen on rather unused packages this is
> bad luck, but libkf5xmlgui5 is a central piece of software, that kills
> anything if there is a mistake in packaging.

This is precisely what sid is for and why there is a migration to testing
after a few days once buildds, uploaders have caught up and packages are
tested together. If you don't want to face installability problems, you
should use the testing release. You'll cope with packages that are a whole 5
days older. Further, you shouldn't be using full-upgrade blindly. When you
do so, you are explicitly permitting apt to remove packages to optimise on
upgrading over retaining packages; you shouldn't be surprised when it does
what you ask it to do.

I'll also add that English is a rich language with many words that don't
involve so much ranting and swearing. Please learn to use some of them and
show some respect for your audience and for the volunteers who are making
Debian for you.

Stuart

--
Stuart Prescott    http://www.nanonanonano.net/   stuart@nanonanonano.net