Re: Qt 5.9 long-term support release and Anki

Meyer wrote:
> > Sounds good to me!
>
> Hi Lisandro,
>
> I wonder whether you or someone else would be able to help me with bug
> #905379?  I am quite stymied and don't know Qt well enough myself.
> Anki apparently works fine with Qt 5.9 (that's the version supported
> upstream), but crashes out on Debian's 5.11.1.  My analysis is as
> follows:
>
> Anki runs (/usr/share/anki/aqt/webview.py, line 18):
>
> QWebEngineView.__init__(self, parent=parent)
>
> which seems to run fine, but something seems wrong, as
> self.focusProxy() is Null after this.  A few lines later, it runs
> (line 18):
>
> QWebEnginePage.__init__(self)
>
> which gives the non-significant error:
>
> [0816/101823.790400:WARNING:stack_trace_posix.cc(699)] Failed to open file:
> /tmp/.gloFZVqc (deleted) Error: No such file or directory
>
> (This seems to be related to running an NVIDIA chipset.)
>
> But after that, it tries to call
> self.focusProxy().installEventFilter(self), but as self.focusProxy()
> is Null, it bombs out.
>
> I don't know why Qt 5.11.1 would have focusProxy() being Null while it
> is fine on Qt 5.9.
>
> Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated!

OK, and here I am telling you that there should be no issues... and you find
one :-P

Actually Qt did not change anything, it seems that the chrome engine in it
did. We had a similar issue with kf5-messagelib:

<https://salsa.debian.org/qt-kde-team/kde/messagelib/blob/master/debian/
patches/fix_webenginemessageviewer_with_qt_5_11.patch>

Although I don't think that's exactly related.

I must admit I have no idea about the web stuff in Qt, much less about the
python stuff. You might want to ask in interest@qt-project.org

I don't know if some other team mate here can't help either :-/

I wished I could do more here, but sadly not now :-(

Cheers, Lisandro.

--
Only wimps use tape backup: real men just upload their important stuff on
ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/