[maxy@debian.org: Re: Comments regarding breeze-grub_5.10.3-1_amd64.changes]

Resending after bendel reject. :/

----- Forwarded message from Maximiliano Curia <maxy@debian.org> -----

Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 09:16:50 +0100
From: Maximiliano Curia <maxy@debian.org>
To: Thorsten Alteholz <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org>
Cc: Debian/Kubuntu Qt/KDE Maintainers <debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Comments regarding breeze-grub_5.10.3-1_amd64.changes

¡Hola Thorsten!

El 2017-10-29 a las 16:29 +0000, Thorsten Alteholz escribió:
I marked the package for accept, but as the license of debian/* should be GPL-3+, the license text should not only point to GPL-3.

I'm not completely sure what's the extra requirement here.

Are you requesting that the boiler plate of the license be added because it's related to files debian/* that have no other copyright/license assignment (so, following the GPL a boiler plate needs to be added)?

Or are you requesting that every time we use a specific version of a license in common-licenses we should also a add a text that explains the difference between the base license and the particular version in use?

Or is it because of something else?

It's a subtle difference in this particular case, but I would like to know the rule that I'm requested to follow.

In the second case I would argue that GPL-3+ has no differences with the text in common-licenses/GPL-3.

In any case, I think that it would be worthwhile to add the specific requirement to the copyright format.

Happy hacking,
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-- Rich Cook
Saludos /\/\ /\ >< `/

----- End forwarded message -----

--
"EIEIO	Go home and have a glass of warm, dairy-fresh milk"
-- The GNU C Library Reference Manual, Chapter 2.2, Error Codes