Re: Compile Qt4 on stretch

On lunes, 31 de julio de 2017 16:42:55 -03 gianluca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to compile the Qt 4 Library (4.8.4-everywhere) for Qt
> Embedded in Stretch distro.
>
> During compilation (as done as in Wheezy) of the source package, the
> procedure gives me a lot of errors.
>
> I see there is a *plenty* of patches for building the libqt4 package(s)
> for Stretch I was wondering how this is can be done for a custom libqt4
> install.

Hi Gianluca! My first advice is: forget about Qt4. It's dead upstream. You are
much better switching your current source code to Qt 5 instead.

Not all patches in our code are relevant for an embedded Qt4 build, but none
of them should be problematic in order to get to it.

Have I told you that you really need to consider switching to Qt5?

It's impossible to tell you what's wrong without looking at a build log, but
anyways I hardly doubt anyone will pay much attention now. You shjould really
switch to Qt5.

As you can see I have been quite clear on the Qt5 point ;-)

Good luck!

--
Moore's Law: The speed of processors will double every 18 months.
Gate's Law: The speed of software will halve every 18 months.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/