Re: Mapbox GL plugin removed from QtLocation package

On jueves, 7 de diciembre de 2017 13:48:01 -03 Thiago Santos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that the Mapbox GL plugin was removed from the QtLocation package:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-qt-kde/2017/06/msg00137.html
>
> Reason being binary size and copyright issues. How can I help the package
> maintainers address these issues and get Mapbox GL back? What are the
> copyright issues?
>
> Mapbox GL is a modern open source vector maps rendering engine and despite
> the
> name, is not vendor locked to Mapbox and can be used with self-hosted maps.
> I believe
> it can contribute a lot for the quality of applications made with Qt.

I've checked the 5.10 tarball and the size of the 3rd party code has
diminished, but it's definitely a whole lot of embedded 3rd party stuff.

I recommend you to get mapbox properly packaged and then we can work out how
to link it from within QT Location.

Cheers, Lisandro.

--
El futuro es WIN95.... A no ser que hagamos algo a tiempo.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/