Re: kde-gtk-config_5.10.4-1_source.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

Hi,

> I've rebased some pending changes that I had in my local repos and uploaded
> them to alioth.

Great! Thanks for your work on this package.

> About plasma in general, I'm still waiting for kf5 to be fully available in
> experimental to upload plasma 5.10 to experimental.
>
> I guess that kde-gtk-config works fine as and independant upload, but this is
> not the general case for other frameworks, plasma and apps uploads,

Exactly. kde-gtk-config is not as strictly depends on KF5 as some other KDE
packages. It was built and worked fine with older KF5 packages, so there were
no reasons to not update its version in Sid.

> so, if
> possible, please let the rest of the team know that you are working on $foo (a
> simple msg to the #debian-qt-kde irc channel works fine).

I am not going to work on any other package related to "Debian/Kubuntu Qt/KDE
Maintainers" team in foreseeable future.

As for kde-gtk-config package: I have packaged it very long time ago when it was
in KDE playground section and when I was not DD. At that time it required a lot
of time and work to achieve kde-gtk-config upload into Debian repos [0][1][2].
And when the package was finally uploaded all worked fine.

Next, kde-gtk-config package was hijacked/adopted by "Debian/Kubuntu Qt/KDE
Maintainers" team when kde-gtk-config have become the part on KDE workspace.
Package had been receiving updates regularly and was in a good shape, so I
thought that my involvement is not required.

But recently I have suddenly found that preview functionality was broken. More
over it had been broken during very long period of time (since 2015). I was
disappointed enough to fix the problem myself.

All other changes in the package are not important and were done just for
company. You are free to revert any of them if it is required by team policy.

Now I am going to send current or similar patch to upstream and prepare package
with minimal patch to stable proposed updates. I hope that release team will
accept such update.

As for kde-gtk-config package in unstable, I think you will continue to update
it in the future with all other packages from KDE Workspace.

[0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2012/05/threads.html#00115
[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2012/06/threads.html#00023
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2012/06/threads.html#00216

Best regards,