Override default SDDM for Stretch release

Dear Maintainers,

I’m working on implementing the Soft Waves theme selected for Stretch.
The wallpaper setting for new user is done and I also have an SDDM theme ready, shipped in desktop-base 9.0.0~exp1.
This SDDM theme is simply a copy of Breeze’s Main.qml overriding the wallpaper, and it uses the Breeze SDDM themes components as is (see attached screenshot).

The problem is I couldn’t find a proper way to make this theme the default for SDDM.
Up to Jessie installing we installed a conf file there :
    /etc/default/kdm.d/10_desktop-base
(see contents below) that KDM read to override its default, and I can’t seem to find a way to do the same for SDDM.

Would you mind helping with that so we can continue shipping a consistent Debian with Stretch also for Plasma 5 ?

Thanks,
--Aurélien

==== 10_desktop-base ====
USETHEME="true"
THEME="/usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/themes/lines"
WALLPAPER="/usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/themes/lines/background.svg"