Re: Request for review: calamares

> On 07/12/2016 19:35, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) wrote:
>> Upstream git: https://github.com/calamares/calamares
>> ITP: 842671
>> Mentors: https://mentors.debian.net/package/calamares
>> DSC:
>> https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/calamares/calamares_2.4.5-1.dsc
>
> Since the libraries for this package are only used by Calamares, I
> simplified the packaging by doing away with the extra -dev and lib
> packages. I also added lintian-overrides for those with an explanation.
>
> AFAIK there's no more problems with this package, if anyone could review
> and sponsor, that would be great!
>
> https://mentors.debian.net/package/calamares

Hi!
We are using Calamares in Tanglu, and it will soon also be used in
PureOS, so packaging it for Debian was on my TODO list already -
thanks for working on it!
For the libraries, it's likely worth filing a bug against Calamares to
move them to private lib dirs if they are really private. I think,
though, those libs are intended to be used by other software to build
installers on top of the Calamares framework, in which case they need
separate lib/dev packages.

In any case, I am interested in helping with the package and
sponsoring it, but I'll need a bit of time to look into it (too much
work at the moment).
I hope I can take a look at the package tomorrow :-)

Cheers,
    Matthias