Re: Request for review: calamares

On miércoles, 7 de diciembre de 2016 19:35:49 ART Jonathan Carter
(highvoltage) wrote:
> Hi Debian Qt/KDE Maintainers!

Hi Jonathan!

> I need some help with a Qt package called Calamares.
>
> Upstream git: https://github.com/calamares/calamares
> ITP: 842671
> Mentors: https://mentors.debian.net/package/calamares
> DSC:
> https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/calamares/calamares_2.4.5-1.ds

I have a vague idea about Calamares. How does interacts with Debian?

> I'd be happy for any general feedback or problems you can find with the
> package, but I have two questions in particular.
>
> 1. How strict is debian policy in terms that I have to create a
> libcalamares2.4.5 and libcalamaresui2.4.5 package (along with their -dev
> packages)? Is it possible to do anything simpler?

Depends on your answer to: will other packages need to build-depend upon
libcalamares and/or libcalamaresui?

> They release often and
> I'd like the avoid the mess associated with changing the package name
> with every new version, if at all possible.

Thank depends on your answer above ;-)

> 2. Lintian says "E: libcalamares2.4.5:
> symbols-file-contains-current-version-with-debian-revision on symbol" -
> and it's correct, the file generated in the binary version of the
> package does have the debian revision in. How do I make
> pkgkde_symbolshelper not do that?

Have you created symbols files?

--
http://xkcd.com/162/