Re: Problem with kservice?

On 13 October 2015 at 10:25, Yannick Roehlly wrote:
Hi,

If I update kservice packages to 5.15.0-1 plasmashell won't show up and in
my xsession-errors I have a lot of

 Reusing existing ksycoca
 Recreating ksycoca file [...]
 Still in the time dict (i.e. deleted files) ("apps")
 Menu "applications-kmenuedit.menu" not found.
 Saving

If I downgrade to 5.14.3-1 I don't have the problem.

There is a similar bug on KDE's bug tracker [1] but it's for version 5.14.3.

Does anybody have the same problem or is it specific to my configuration?

Yannick

--
Aquel a quien guía la pasión no llegará lejos.
                -- Vardhama. Filósofo indio fundador del Jainismo.

Hi,

I had similar problem. My plasmashell started but I noticed it used 30% more cpu than usual and I got the same ksycoca lines in .xsession-errors.

The ksycoca lines stopped repeating and cpu usage dropped back to regular (0%-4%) when I opened kmenuedit and saved the menu there.