Re: Upgrade of libdebconf-kde and appear breakage

¡Hola Matthias!

El 2015-07-09 a las 23:10 +0200, Matthias Klumpp escribió:
The new version of libdebconf-kde was migrated to KDE Frameworks 5, while apper is still a kde4 application, so unless the qt5 version is ready to be uploaded we would need to reintroduce libdebconf-kde0 and libdebconf-kde0-dev to make apper buildable again. Would that be OK for apper?

Yes, that would be great as intermediate fix!

I added a preliminar version in the debconf-kde git repository in the branch debconf-kde0 that produces the libdebconf-kde0 and libdebconf-kde0-dev packages, the later conflicts with libdebconf-kde-dev.

Can you review/test if this works for you?

Your email inspired me to attempt a KF5 port of Apper though (how hard could it be?) - turned out that porting it was much more annoying than I expected, but I have the basic work done now.

Wow, that would be great. I know it's not easy.

So maybe in a month we will have a KF5 version of Apper, and this problem is solved completely (as we will not want to keep kcmshell4 around in Debian forever anyway, and there seems to be quite a huge userbase of Apper, especially on non-Debian-based distributions).

Regarding kcmshell4, the current plan is drop qt4 before stretch, so all the kde4 only packages will need to be ported before the end of 2016.

Happy hacking,
--
"The cheapest, fastest and most reliable components of a computer system are
those that aren't there."