Re: kwindowsystem_5.13.0-2_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

On 2015-08-21 10:30, Mario Fux wrote:
On 2015-08-21 09:06, Mario Fux wrote:

Morning Pino

[snip]

> Honestly as far as I see it Maxy agreed to your accusations, apologize,
> has
> giving as reasonable explanation why this happened,

Please do read the other reply I wrote yesterday, This is not the first
time such things happened, it's a cyclic issue that keeps repeating.

I read it.

Honestly it looks not, since you are writing as if this would be an
isolated case, when Maxy would behave good otherwise.

There's lot more to add to this case, so many issues on the packaging
side, pointed out to him when I was on IRC ad nauseam, and the net
effect of this is that these issues keeps repeating like nothing was
said.

> is doing a lot of work,
> really a lot of work for KDE software packaging in Debian, is (as far
> as I see
> it) bringing in new people and helping them and seems to be quite
> patient.

Please note that "does a lot of work" is not a carte blanche to keep
doing mistakes on other people's work, despite that being pointed out.

And if you read my sentence above again this was not my conclusion at all. There was a listing of tiems and "does a lot of work" was just one item and
even then I didn't imply this.

>> and given that you're not changed much your modus
>> operandi wrt that, they *will* happen again. A one-shot issue could be
>> understandable (everybody makes mistakes, I'm the first to do them),
>> but
>> the same issue repeating over time (after being told about) is not.
>
> So please be concrete. What do you expect Maxy to do now? Change the
> past?
> Most probably not? Apologize? That he did? Change his way of working?
> As I see
> it he wrote that he will try hard not to do it again. What else do you
> expect?

Honestly? I don't expect anything from now on.

So honestly, what did you want to achieve with these emails then? I can see
(but of course might be wrong) two things:
- Bringing up this problem (IMHO not in a very constructive way)

The constructive way has not worked for years, otherwise we wouldn't
be at this point. Do we agree on this?

- Getting your frustration out (if it helped you, ok, but why public then?)

Considering that the packaging work (git, uploads, etc) are public,
I don't see why I should hide the fact that he's stomping on other
people's public work.

Also, do you really think this is all about frustration?

I've been already hit
by these issues a number of times in the last 3 years (and lately
I've reducing my contributions to places where Maxy works on too,
*exactly* to not being hit by that), see also a+b+c+d in [1].

Look, I understand you are seeing me right now as the "complaining guy
throwing accusation that random" (which is not), but do you really
think I would say this if not because I think there *is* a problem
with this?

No, I don't think so. But I just don't understand your intentions with these emails. I just don't get it and you didn't answer my questions above: "Be
concrete, what do you expect Maxy to do?"

I did answer you: at this point, I expect nothing anymore from him.

--
Pino Toscano