Re: qt5 symbols in raspbian jessie.

On Thursday 09 April 2015 01:07:47 peter green wrote:
> I meant to bring this up earlier but didn't get arround to it.
>
> In raspbian jessie we have encountered some symbols differences from
> Debian armhf, so-far i've been marking the symbols in question as
> optional but i'm not positive if this is the right thing to do.
>
> You can see our debdiffs at
>
> http://debdiffs.raspbian.org/main/q/qtdeclarative-opensource-src/qtdeclarati
> ve-opensource-src_5.3.2-4%2brpi1.debdiff
> http://debdiffs.raspbian.org/main/q/qtwebkit-opensource-src/qtwebkit-openso
> urce-src_5.3.2%2bdfsg-3%2brpi1.debdiff
>
> Are these symbols just template insanciations that can be safely marked
> as optional or is there more to it than that?

$ c++filt _ZN3WTF22isMainThreadOrGCThreadEv
WTF::isMainThreadOrGCThread()

Generally default constructors and destructors might appear and dissapear from
gcc version to other. Check the header for the relevant file.

$ c++filt
_ZNSt8_Rb_treeISt4pairIiyES1_St9_IdentityIS1_ESt4lessIS1_ESaIS1_EE16_M_insert_uniqueIS1_EES0_ISt17_Rb_tree_iteratorIS1_EbEOT_
std::pair<std::(and more foo)

Template instantiations are normally optional. Moreover should not expose any
std:: symbol. So they are normally optional.

There is a page in KDE's techbase wiki that explains all these, but as a
general rule check the headers provided in the package. If the symbols in
there have not changed then they are usually fine.

--
Simulations are not data. In God we trust, all the others must supply data.
 Walter Opyd, "Show Me The Data" IEEE Spectrum's reader's comments,

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/