Qt5 PATH Issue in HsQML Packaging

Hello Debian Qt/KDE maintenance team,

I am packaging the HsQML[0] library on behalf of the Debian Haskell
Group. HsQML is a Haskell binding for Qt Quick and used to create QML
GUI's in Haskell.

HsQML relies on certain qt5 tools such as moc in the PATH in order to
build and in order to build other applications using HsQML as a library.

My problem is that only the qt5-default package seems to provide
this. Of course, adding qt5-default to the package depends will throw a
Lintian error:

https://lintian.debian.org/tags/build-depends-on-metapackage.html

I'm sure this is not the first time this has been asked but I couldn't
find any concrete information to solve this.

Currently, my packaging is at: darcs.debian.org:/darcs/pkg-haskell/haskell-hsqml

Any advice on what would be best practice?

[0] -  https://hackage.haskell.org/package/hsqml

Thanks,

--
Christopher Reichert