Re: pkgkde-symbolshelper and symbol chainging

Hi,

In data domenica 29 settembre 2013 17:46:45, Sandro Knauß ha scritto:
> I use pkgkde-symbolshelper to manage the symbols for owncloud-client
> (qt application).
>
> I imported the different arch depend symbols via pkgkde-symbolshelper
> batchpatch -v 1.4.0 owncloud-client_unstable_logs/owncloud-
> client_1.4.0+dfsg-1_*.build
> The only change was [1]:
> - _Z6qRoundd@Base 1.4.0
> + (subst)_Z6qRound{qreal}@Base 1.4.0
>
> But when compile another time owncloud-client 1.4.1-2 the only failing
> build is for s390x[2]:
> - (subst)_Z5qHash{quintptr}@Base 1.4.0
> + _Z5qHashy@Base 1.4.1+dfsg-2
> +#MISSING: 1.4.1+dfsg-2# (subst)_Z5qHash{quintptr}@Base 1.4.0
>
> That looks for me like there is missing variable replacement for
> s390x, but maybe I only misused pkg-kde-tools...

I see this has been dealt already (now #725023).

On the other hand, looking at the owncloud-client packaging it seems
that libowncloudsync0 is used only by owncloud-client (which already
declares a strict dependency on it) and there are no public
headers/development stuff (usually in -dev binaries) for it; thus, I
suggest to just drop the symbols file for now, as it would not be used
at all.

--
Pino Toscano