Re: qtchooser vs. alternatives system

On Saturday 25 May 2013 03:42:31 Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I just stumbled across the new qtchooser... isn't that duplicating the
> functionality what we already have with the alternatives system

No. It is not duplicating the alternatives system.

qtchooser among other things let *users* (not sysadmins) decide their
defaults, and let *users* add more bits to it.

At the same time also providing several ways of selecting which one to use.
(command line argument, environment variables, configuration file)

And it is the solution that several distributions is picking up for it, so the
Qt documentation can support it.

/Sune
--
Genius, I cannot mount the application, how does it work?

>From Outlook you should never overclock the graphic folder to a front-end of a
fan in order to log from the cache.