Re: Comments regarding kolf_4.10.2-1_i386.changes

Hi,

Alle mercoledì 10 aprile 2013, Ansgar Burchardt ha scritto:
> box2d seems to be packaged for Debian (libbox2d-dev). Maybe that
> version could/should be used instead of the embedded copy in
> external/Box2D?

kolf currently uses its box2d copy unconditionally. While it could be
changed to find and use an external one, there are few issues at the
moment:
1) the version currently in Debian is few years old
2) the latest stable release is more than one and half years old
3) upstream development doesn't feel like something continuous, but
   something "in burst" (I may be wrong, but at least that's the idea
   I got of it); the bug tracker doesn't seem to get much developer's
   attention either
4) in the copy in kolf, I guess due a bit to 2) and 3), there are a
   couple of fixes which I'm not sure were reported upstream

We would need an active maintainership of box2d in Debian, possibly
prodding upstream enough about bugs and stuff; once that is done, I see
no issues in switching to an external box2d.

--
Pino Toscano