Phonon-backend-Minitube No Video, Sound Only, Jumps

MINITUBE 1.7 or 1.7.1
ASUS G1Sn-X1 Laptop
Debian (wheezy)
Kernel Linux 3.2.0-2-amd64
NVIDIA driver

Sound, no video; only the text in the main view. It turns on
the webcam LED and leaves it on after quitting the program.
Also while trying to play it skips after a few seconds to
the next item in the list and then completely chokes at
about the 3-5 items mark. It works well in the Debian (stable) on
the same computer but wheezy it will not show the video.

Makes no difference if I install the version from
http://ppa.launchpad.net/ferramroberto/minitube/ubuntu
or
http://www.debian-multimedia.org;
I get exactly the same behaviour. The biggest difference I can
see between running 1.7.1 on this computer between stable
and wheezy is that the phonon-backends have changed and the
linux kernel is 3.2.0-2-amd64 instead of 2.6.3+..amd64.

Forcing from 4:4.6.0.0-1 to 4:4.6.0really4.4.2-1(stable)
made no difference. The audio plays but there is no video in
the main display box, only the text. The one difference I
did notice was that the webcam LED stopped coming on when
the application was initiated.

INSTALLED:

libphonon4
phonon
phonon-backend-gstreamer
phonon-backend-vlc

gstreamer0.10-alsa
gstreamer0.10-plugins-base
gstreamer0.10-plugins-base0.10-0
gstreamer0.10-plugins-good
gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad
gstreamer0.10-gconf
gstreamer0.10-x
gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg

There are no other issues with any video in any other programs: vlc, firefox, etc... all work without complaints. Only amarok was complaining
about ?HAL? (if memory serves me correctly) with gstreamer until I installed kmail & korganizer, now it does not complain about the hardware.

Sincerely,
Orang_Gila