Re: qmakespec, qtcreator and orange-engine

in-line :-

2012/1/13 Pino Toscano <pino@debian.org>:
> Hi,

Hi Pino,

> please note that generally this kind of questions belong to an user
> mailing list (like debian-user@d.o), or directly better to the upstream
> developer. This is mainly a *packaging* list.

Thank you for responding. Yes, I should have but haven't had much of a
success  with the user@d.o. although debian forums is good. I was
confused whether it was something I did or a bug, from the questions
you framed it seems I'm at fault, answers down further.

> Alle venerdì 13 gennaio 2012, shirish शिरीष ha scritto:
>> I have been having a bit of trouble making qtcreator build couple of
>> game projects. I have been trying to build a game called orange and
>> the game-engine called orange-engine.
>>
>> https://gitorious.org/orange-engine/pages/Home
>>
>> As per instructions on the page and my asking advice from the
>> developer I have added this to my .bashrc :-
>
> To be honest, I don't see why one would need to manually set $QMAKESPEC.
>
>> export QMAKESPEC=/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++
>
> so what
> $ echo $QMAKESPEC
> gives as output?

$ echo $QMAKESPEC
/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++

>> Now whenever I try the GUI based qt4-qmake I get the following error
>> :-
>>
>> Starting: "/usr/bin/qmake-qt4"
>> /home/shirish/games/orange-engine/qrpgedit/qrpgedit.pro -r
>> CONFIG+=debug -spec /usr/lib64/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++
>> Failure to read QMAKESPEC conf file
>> /usr/lib64/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++/qmake.conf. Error processing
>> project file:
>
> The only mention of lib64 is in the upstream Makefile's (which upstream
> should NOT provide in whichever version control system uses).
> Are you sure you really removed all the "Makefile" files?
> $ find . -name Makefile -delete
> from the top-level for the checkout.

Thanx for sharing that, did that .  Also will write to upstream about that.

> Also, did you try to build each module from a terminal running qmake-qt4
> to regenerate the Makefiles, *without* a $QMAKESPEC set?

Yes, I believe I did so, is that why its not not doing it right ?
Please lemme know how I can fix it.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल