Bug fix for Kopete & TLS Jabber servers

Hi,

It seams that kopete and qca-ossl don't play well with kde 4.6.*, so some
people (including myself) cannot connect to a self-signed TLS jabber server
(in my case elitesecurity.org).

I found a solution on https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/19175#comment66084 that
seams to work (I've rebuilt qca-ossl on my computer and now I can connect).
Here's what Steven Noonan, the guy that made this patch, said:

> Comment by Steven Noonan (neunon) - Saturday, 18 September 2010, 02:46
> GMT-4 Hello from afar. I thought I'd share a solution I discovered for
> this problem while trying to figure out what broke Psi on my Gentoo
> install.
>
>  This bug report led me to the solution:
>  https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-877
>
>  See the attached patch for qca-ossl. Reading through EJAB-877, it looked
>  like adding SSL_OP_NO_TICKET to the SSL context would resolve the issue,
>  but for whatever reason, this didn't work for me. I'm not sure why. For
>  the heck of it, I then tried changing the SSL method from
>  SSLv23_server_method() to SSLv3_server_method(), which seems to have
>  fixed the problem. I'm able to connect to SSLv3 servers as well as TLSv1
>  servers. I don't know what the OpenSSL-internal difference is between
>  SSLv23_server_method() and SSLv3_server_method(), besides the obvious
>  fact that one permits SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1, while the other permits
>  only SSLv3 and TLSv1. Perhaps this has something to do with SSLv2 being
>  thrown out of OpenSSL 1.x? Anyway. See if the above fixes the issue for
>  you folks. It's a starting point, anyway.

Using his qca-ossl-fix.patch (actually I modified it since quilt didn't apply it
well, so I applied it by hand) I rebuilt qca2-plugin-ossl and now it works
like it should (and like it did before 4.6 kde upgrade).

- - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
contrib non-free
- - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/q/qca2-plugin-ossl/qca2-
plugin-ossl_2.0.0~beta3-1.1.dsc

I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me (or integrated it into
alioth git repository where the package is actually kept).

Kind regards
 Filip Brcic

- --
Filip Brcic <brcha@gna.org>
WWWeb: http://brcha.com
Jabber  : brcha@kdetalk.net
GPG 0x2537C379
Fingerprint: 287D 5F24 50AA A36C 977F AC9A F1FD C7EB 2537 C379