Re: kdebase-runtime problems

Sorry, I'm quite new to Debian bug report or similar.

> This file was recently moved there from another package (upstream
> change) and of course I didn't know it also existed in kcontrol, so I
> didn't add any replaces for it. I will fix it now in the packages.

I have updated via aptitude but the problem is still there:

 /var/cache/apt/archives/kdebase-runtime_4%3a4.3.0-1_i386.deb
A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of kdebase-runtime-bin-kde4:
 kdebase-runtime-bin-kde4 depends on kdebase-runtime (>= 4:4.3.0); however:
  Version of kdebase-runtime on system is 4:4.2.4-2.
dpkg: error processing kdebase-runtime-bin-kde4 (--configure):
 kdebase-runtime-bin-kde4

> In the meantime, things you can do:
> 1) Retry. If kcontrol gets removed at some point, this will suddenly succeed.

Don't understand what I have to do, sorry :)

> 2) Force install of the kdebase-runtime package:
> (as root)
> # cd /var/cache/apt/archives
> # dpkg -i --force-overwrite "kdebase-runtime_4:4.3.0-1_i386.deb"

I'll test.

> PS: Such issues are considered bugs, so you should open bug reports
> for these issues in the debian BTS.
> PS2: This is the wrong list for user support. The correct one is
> debian-kde@lists.debian.org. If you need further support, write there.

ok, thanks very much.
regards,

michele