Re: KDE Packaging Bugs and plans on the KDE3 to KDE4 transition

Hello

> I'm planning to do a Klassroom on the KDE  forums and mentor some of the
>  new contributors towards helping to package and create new packages for
>  KDE on debian.
Good idea, I'd like to help on such a klassroom if you need. But I think we
need more work in bug triaging / fixing / testing than packaging (the big
work is already done). But I don't speak for the whole team.

> I had seen that you have some tasks still open for the transission to KDE4
>  on the wiki. If this list of packaging issues is still extensible with
>  smaller/larger problems I would be glad if you could update it for the
>  students sake.
Can you please tell me what wiki page you are talking about ?

> It should also be possible for the students to post new packages to the
>  debian experimental/testing repositories. could you give me a small
>  rundown on what they will need for this?
To upload to the Debian archive, you must go through a Debian Developer
(who will sponsor the upload). We have some in the team if it's necessary to
upload.

I think we should meet on IRC (xvello@freenode or wdgt@debian, or directly on
#debian-qt-kde@debian) to discuss further how it can be done.

Regards