Qt without -fvisibility=hidden

Hi,

I'm using Squeeze on two systems: one is a amd64 and the other is a i386
machine.

When I'm trying to compile a KDE4 application on the i386 machine I get:
  Qt compiled without support for -fvisibility=hidden.  This will break
  plugins and linking of some applications.  Please fix your Qt
installation.

On the amd64 machine everything works as intended.

The Qt version on both systems is 4:4-5-3-4

Is there any way to enable support for -fvisibility=hidden without
recompiling Qt?

Any hint is much appreciated.

Regards,
Martin