[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#513643: marked as done (systemsettings: Missing dependency?)

Your message dated Sat, 31 Jan 2009 10:57:17 +0100
with message-id <200901311057.29339.debian@pusling.com>
and subject line Re: Bug#513643: systemsettings: Missing dependency?
has caused the Debian Bug report #513643,
regarding systemsettings: Missing dependency?
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@bugs.debian.org

513643: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=513643
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact owner@bugs.debian.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: systemsettings
Version: 4:4.2.0-1
Severity: normal

Maybe the systemsettings package is missing a dependency? After installing ktorrent
and systemsetting from experimental (and therefore everything they depend on),
systemsettings doesn't show any configuration itens when I start it, only a window
with a grey area. In the terminal, I get the message:

tmac@tmac ~$ systemsettings
systemsettings(6772)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers: 
KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "SystemSettingsCategory"  not found 
findServiceByDesktopPath:  not found
systemsettings(6772) MainWindow::readMenu: "" Looking for children in ' "" '

I needed to install systemsettings because ktorrent uses the KDE file associations,
and those had to be modified. I did not want anything else from KDE, apart from
what those two packages depend on of course.

Best regards
Torquil Sørensen

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 5.0
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.26-1-686 (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash

Versions of packages systemsettings depends on:
ii  kdebase-runtime               4:4.2.0-1  runtime components from the offici
ii  kdelibs5                      4:4.2.0-2  core libraries for all KDE 4 appli
ii  libc6                         2.7-18     GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libfontconfig1                2.6.0-3    generic font configuration library
ii  libqt4-dbus                   4.4.3-2    Qt 4 D-Bus module
ii  libqt4-xml                    4.4.3-2    Qt 4 XML module
ii  libqtcore4                    4.4.3-2    Qt 4 core module
ii  libqtgui4                     4.4.3-2    Qt 4 GUI module
ii  libstdc++6                    4.3.3-3    The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
ii  libx11-6                      2:1.1.5-2  X11 client-side library

systemsettings recommends no packages.

systemsettings suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
On Saturday 31 January 2009 10:29:07 Torquil Macdonald Sørensen wrote:
> Thanks Sune! It worked, because after running it, I get some
> configuration category icons in the systemsettings window. However, the
> settings for file associations only appeared after installing
> kdebase-bin. I had to re-run kbuildsycocoa4 after installing it, because
> otherwise there was no change. So I guess this can be closed if the
> patch will fix it for sure.

The patch is expected to fix the thing that triggers sycoca4 to be rebuilt 
automatically (same thing as kbuildsycoca4 does).

I'm closing this now, feel free to reopen if you can reproduce it with 
kdelibs5 4:4.2.0-3 or larger.

Genius, I'm not able to cancel a pin, how does it work?

The point is that from Office you must turn on a floppy disk of the cable of a 
case to receive the board.

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

--- End Message ---

Reply to: