[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#496571: konqueror: configures javascript incorrectly for sourceforge.net domain

Package: konqueror
Version: 4:3.5.9.dfsg.1-5
Severity: normal

This happens for all SourceForge project sites I have tried, 
but just to be specific I report the problem for
http://sourceforge.net/projects/plplot.  That web page works fine if
you configure javascript globally with the default policies:

Open new window: smart
Resize window: allow
Move window: allow
Focus window: allow
Modify status bar text: allow

However, if I don't enable javascript globally (preferred if you are
security conscious) and enable those same policies just for the
sourceforge.net domain the webpage is rendered quite differently with all
javascript parts (e.g., the adds and the menus for Details, Public, Related,
and News) disabled. I tried setting the above policies specifically or
copied from global, and in desperation (since they are not domains) I also
tried sourceforge.net/ and sourceforge/net/projects/plplot. Note, I also
had cookies set for confirmation (in case some of the ads needed cookies),
but that made no difference, and in any case if there was a cookie problem,
it would have been found by the "enable javascript globally" workaround.

If you can find a way to render http://sourceforge.net/projects/plplot
(or any SourceForge project page) properly using domain-specific javascript
policy settings, that would be great, and I will close this bug report, but
I have tried everything I can think of so I think it must be some konqueror
bug in setting javascript policy for specific domains since
"enable javascript globally" works without problems.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (990, 'testing'), (500, 'unstable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.25-2-amd64 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_CA.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_CA.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash

Versions of packages konqueror depends on:
ii  kcontrol                4:3.5.9.dfsg.1-5 control center for KDE
ii  kdebase-kio-plugins     4:3.5.9.dfsg.1-5 core I/O slaves for KDE
ii  kdelibs4c2a             4:3.5.9.dfsg.1-6 core libraries and binaries for al
ii  kdesktop                4:3.5.9.dfsg.1-5 miscellaneous binaries and files f
ii  kfind                   4:3.5.9.dfsg.1-5 file-find utility for KDE
ii  libc6                   2.7-13           GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libgcc1                 1:4.3.1-2        GCC support library
ii  libkonq4                4:3.5.9.dfsg.1-5 core libraries for Konqueror
ii  libqt3-mt               3:3.3.8b-5       Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime v
ii  libstdc++6              4.3.1-2          The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
ii  libx11-6                2:1.1.4-2        X11 client-side library

konqueror recommends no packages.

Versions of packages konqueror suggests:
pn  gij-4.1    <none>                        (no description available)
ii  khelpcente 4:4.0.0.really.3.5.9.dfsg.1-5 help center for KDE
ii  konq-plugi 4:3.5.9-2                     plugins for Konqueror, the KDE fil
ii  ksvg       4:3.5.9-3                     SVG viewer for KDE
pn  libgcj7-aw <none>                        (no description available)
pn  libjessie- <none>                        (no description available)

-- no debconf information

Reply to: