krypt for Debian (Maybe Lenny)

<posted & mailed>

Hi,

Given the recent announcement that Lenny is going to have 3.5.9 and given
that LUKS support has been present in Debian since etch, it would be good
if we ship a LUKS handling application in KDE.

Many users these days are using LUKS to secure their machines.

I've tried packaging krypt for Debian. It would be good if we could see this
application ship with Debian (and maybe Lenny).

I have some minor problems with the packaging and need your help. Once I
resolve all the issues, I can upload it to mentors so that Fathi or someone
else can upload it.

I see some warnings like these:
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libz.so.1 could be avoided
if "debian/krypt/usr/bin/krypt" were not uselessly linked against it (they
use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libXt.so.6 could be avoided
if "debian/krypt/usr/bin/krypt" were not uselessly linked against it (they
use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libX11.so.6 could be avoided
if "debian/krypt/usr/bin/krypt" were not uselessly linked against it (they
use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libXft.so.2 could be avoided
if "debian/krypt/usr/bin/krypt" were not uselessly linked against it (they
use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libXrender.so.1 could be avoided
if "debian/krypt/usr/bin/krypt" were not uselessly linked against it (they
use none of its symbols).

Can they be ignored?

Here's the control file for krypt.
Source: krypt
Section: kde
Maintainer: Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@researchut.com>
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 6), autotools-dev, libdbus-qt-1-dev,
libhal-dev, kdelibs4-dev
Standards-Version: 3.7.3
Homepage: http://krypt.berlios.de/

Package: krypt
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
 Krypt is a simple application that sits in the system tray and provides
 easy access to the list of volumes encrypted with LUKS. It is possible to
 quickly decrypt, encrypt back, mount, and umount such devices.

There are some lintian warnings also.
W: krypt: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/krypt
The package comes without a manpage. I created one and let it be in debian/
folder. Where should I put it?

W: krypt: menu-item-uses-apps-section /usr/share/menu/krypt:2
W: krypt: menu-item-creates-new-section Apps/System /usr/share/menu/krypt:2

What menu section should be used?

W: krypt: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath ./usr/bin/krypt /usr/lib

This is something I don't understand much.

The complete build log can be accessed at
http://www.researchut.com/tmp/krypt_0.2-1_i386.build

Ritesh
--
If possible, Please CC me when replying. I'm not subscribed to the list.