kformula io-slave error

Dear Debian Maintainers,

Can you please help me out with my problem. I'm trying to write
formula's in documents on how to build windmills. However I cannot get
around this error in kformula. Here's what I get:

~$ kformula
Link points to "/tmp/ksocket-vincent"
Link points to "/tmp/kde-vincent"
kbuildsycoca running...
Reusing existing ksycoca
kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!
kformula: WARNING: Font 'cmbx10' not found
kformula: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'fonts'.
kformula:
kformula: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'fonts'.
kformula:
kformula: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'fonts'.
kformula:
Launched ok, pid = 5623

I cannot make greek letters in the formula editor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours,
Vincent