"poster" commandline utility and kprinter in Debian

Hi,

we are using Debian Etch in our institute and I stumbled over the bug
described in

In short: The version of the "poster" package shipped with Debian
(version 19990428) breaks the kdeprint "poster printing" dialog in
Debian (and derived distros like Ubuntu).

All newer upstream versions of the "poster" package (>=2002, including
the version shipped with OpenSuSE 10.2, that was reported by Kurt
Pfeifle to work properly under OpenSuSE 10.2 ) didn't work for me
(latex/dvips poster) and failed with the sample file in this bug
report:

That's why version 19990428 is still used in Debian.

Nevertheless, I produced a working version with minimal changes for
Debian compared to the 20050907 version of "poster" and sent a Debian
source package to the maintainer (Peter S. Galbraith) a week ago:

I didn't get a response from Peter yet, probably he is too busy. Maybe
someone else could upload the source package for him?

  http://www.tfp.uni-karlsruhe.de/tmp/poster_20050907.orig.tar.gz
  http://www.tfp.uni-karlsruhe.de/tmp/poster_20050907-1.diff.gz
  http://www.tfp.uni-karlsruhe.de/tmp/poster_20050907-1.dsc

cheers,

Daniel

PS: The (newest) 20060221 version of poster doesn't work for me.

Daniel Hermann,      Institut fuer Theoretische Festkoerperphysik
Universitaet Karlsruhe                  Tel: ++49 (0)721 608-7328
Postfach 6980                           Fax: ++49 (0)721 608-7779
76128 Karlsruhe, Germany      email: hermann@tfp.uni-karlsruhe.de