Package descriptions

Hi,

I run a (currently) small project dedicated to improve/write genric
distribution agnostic package descriptions ready for reusage for all Linux
distributions at http://pakanto.org.

I already have a few (hopefully) useful package descriptions there (not only
in English!). However writing new ones from scratch instead of improving on
top of existing ones is a quite time consuming job.

A second problem is that from time to time random anon people add useful texts
via copy and paste into Pakanto although the license conditions of Pakanto
and the site the people took the texts from don't have compatible license
conditions.

Up to now I always deleted these texts and did write a new ones from scratch
in order to avoid later troubles. Recently one person did add some KDE
package texts taken from Debian (e.g: http://pakanto.org/wiki/KDE-Artwork).

As I am sure that this problem will come up again from time to time and as it
is way better to improve upon a good basis such as your package descriptions
(my current aim is to provide decent package descriptions for all "official"
KDE packages in English and German until the first beta Release of KDE 4) I
ask you if I can import all your KDE package descriptions into Pakanto under
its license conditions:
http://pakanto.org/wiki/Pakanto:Licensing_requirements

The Pakanto license conditions aren't much different from yours (I suppose
your package descriptions do have the same license as the package, so they'd
be mostly LGPL/GPL in case of KDE) they just add some extra caution in order
to guarantee as less as possible troubles on reusing and maintaining these
texts under the copyleft principle.

I'd be really happy to provide you with improved and multilingual package
description texts based on yours. Are you interested?

Cheers,
Daniel Arnold / Arnomane

P.S.: Please add me in CC on replies as I am not on this list.