Re: Qwt packaging

Hello!

I think that /usr/lib/libqwt.so should be an alternative to the
"desired" default flavor of qwt (4 or 5-qt3, 5-qt4).

Actually, only libqwt-dev (4.2.0-4) is providing /usr/lib/libqwt.so
but if you try to compile something against  libqwt5-qt3-dev or
libqwt5-qt4-dev you need to either create symbolic links or modify the
upstream configure script to link against qwt-qt3 or qwt-qt4 instead
the default -lqwt. This is the case with the bacula project
(bacula.org) where there is a new qt4 based administration tool that
depends on qwt5.

I think that every upstream that use qwt5 will link using -lqwt and
hence compilation on Debian will not work.

What do you think?