Kdat Project

Hello!
I'm Fernando Campos a CS student from Madrid.
I'm working in the CRL (Centro de Referencia Linux-Linux Reference Center) of the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.

We are involved in the migration of a company's IT systems, and we would like to use KDat as GUI to carry out the backups on magnetic tapes. I have been looking for a nice application to manage the magnetic tape cause the company's sysadmin is not used with GNU/Linux systems :S, and it will be a huge success if I teach her to use "tar", so a GUI instead "mt" and "tar" would be wonderful.

I have been trying to use KDat, but in OptionsDialog, where you can set the tape size and the block size, it's not possible to introduce a number greater than '99', so I can't set the block size to 512bytes. The same problem is present with the tape size.

I would be glad to find the last code release of KDat and try to fix it (and, of course, release it! ;) ), but I haven't found the official project web page. Which is the last version of KDat?? Where could I find it?? I have found 2.0.1, but I'm not sure that's the newest one.

Thanks for your help, and I apologize for my awful English!

Fernando.

--
"...porque las cosas del afecto nunca son tan sencillas, y en cuestiones apasionadas las palabras no sobran,
pero lo que no tiene vuelta de hoja es el lenguaje de los hechos."

"Sólo unos pocos prefieren la libertad; la mayoría de los hombres no busca más que buenos amos."
Cayo Salustio Crispo.

(customer:) "My hard disc has just crashed, and I need to get the data off it."
"What does it say on page 4 of the manual?"
(reading) "If you do not have a good backup, you will be sorry."
"Do you have a backup?"
"No"
"Are you sorry?"
"Yes!"
"There you are, then. Works as advertised!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fcampos1984