Re: branches/work/kdepim-3.5.5+/kmail

On Sunday 18 March 2007 5:38:25 pm Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Saturday 17 March 2007 03:04, Allen Winter wrote:
> > SVN commit 643365 by winterz:
> >
> > Show X-UserAgent and/or X-Mailer in the fancy header.
> > I sorta like it, although it does take up space.
> > Yes, we could add a config option.. but who wants
> > yet-another-config-option?
> >
> > What do others think about it?
> > For now, I will keep this only in pim+ branch.  I won't move it into
> > the 3.5 branch or trunk unless I get a resounding "Yes we want this"
> > from testers and core devs.
>
> Is this relevant for 80% of our users? No, it's not even relevant for
> 95% of our users. Conclusion: It must be disabled by default.
>
> Even for me it's mostly irrelevant. I only look at the User-Agent header
> (by looking at the message source) if I want to know which version of
> KMail somebody asking a question is using.

Agree.
I've been using it for a couple of days now and at first it was sorta cool
to see all the different MUAs out in the wild.  But now it just takes up space.

And I don't think it is worth a config option.  Unless we do a "hidden option"
in the kmailrc (not available via KMail Settings->Configure, but by hand-editing kmailrc)

Sorry but this really isn't worth any further discussion or coding on my part
as I am swamped with KDE4 stuff.  If Ingo agrees to a hidden option,
and Frank provides the patch, I will commit.

-Allen