Re: Please advise what to do with such bugs

Hi Olivier,

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 10:27:08PM -0500, Olivier Vitrat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As you've seen on the list, I've started to send a lot of requests to
> submitters to get more information about various old bugs owned by
> debian-qt-kde.

Yes, and as i already told you in private, nice work!!

> I also receive some mails which says something like "I'm sorry but I
> no longer use this software so I can't test it with newer version" or
> "I do not have X or Y to test it" etc, etc...
> My question is: what should I do with this kind of bugs ? Do I close
> it because the original submitter is no longer interested in it (do I
> ask him if I can close the bug ?), or do I try to forward it to KDE
> BTS or create  new bug in KDE's BTS, knowing that it may be difficult
> to reproduce or test it...

Well, the common sense is the way to go here. You should try to
reproduce the bug, if you can not then you can close the bug. Sometimes
if you can not reproduce the bug, but it still seems a possible problem
or you have not way to check it, you ca ask for help here. About forward
the bug to upstream, I think we only should forward bugs that we are able
to reproduce (or wishlists), because if not, they will close with "WORSFORME" :-)

> Thanks for your advices, I'm quite novice in bug triaging :-)

If you have more doubts/problems, do not hesitate to ask :)

Ana