Dropping GStreamer 0.8 for etch

        Hi,

 This is to discuss dropping the 0.8 series of GStreamer for etch.

 Recently, a security bug affected gst-ffmpeg and needed an upload for
 both the 0.8 and 0.10.  The security team wonders whether it will have
 to support both sources for the etch lifetime.
   The number of packages which are still using the 0.8 series of
 GStreamer has dropped significantly.  Remain as libgstreamer0.8-0
 rdeps:
 - teatime: Sebastian Dröge sent a patch for GStreamer 0.10 support in
   #401897
 - muine: version 0.8.6 in experimental is built against GStreamer 0.10,
   see #381784
 - kttsd: no idea about this one
 - goobox: gnome.org module that did not see any new upstream release
   since november 2005 and seems to be completely superseded by
   sound-juicer; Daniel Baumann seems to continue maintenance of this
   source

 Perhaps we can join efforts and drop GStreamer 0.8 from etch rapidly,
 ideally before release; I initially scheduled this for immediately
 after etch, as the 0.8 series are completely unmaintained upstream
 (even security-wise), but it seems doable after all.  Please share your
 thoughts and comments.

   Cheers,
--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>
 "I have no strong feelings one way or the other." -- Neutral President