Bug#384207: Konqueror doesn't show empty directories
Version: 5:47 (3.5 Etch)
* The /exact/ and /complete/ text of any error messages printed or
logged. This is very important!
no error messages. The directory just doesn't display. instead, when I
click on an empty directory in Konqueror, I continue to see the contents
of the previous directory.
* Exactly what you typed or did to demonstrate the problem.
Click on on empty directory using Konqueror (I normally have it set to
detailed list view).
* A description of the incorrect behaviour: exactly what behaviour
you were expecting, and what you observed. A transcript of an
example session is a good way of showing this.
I would expect to see nothing in the right panel when I click on an
empty directory. Instead I see the contents of the last non-empty
directory I was viewing. Even clicking the refresh button doesn't
correct the display.
* A suggested fix, or even a patch, if you have one.
show empty directories as empty - like Konqueror used to.
* Details of the configuration of the program with the problem.
Include the complete text of its configuration files.
* The versions of any packages on which the buggy package depends.
* What kernel version you're using (type |uname -a|), your shared C
library (type |ls -l /lib/libc.so.6| or |dpkg -s libc6 | grep
^Version|), and any other details about your Debian system, if it
seems appropriate. For example, if you had a problem with a Perl
script, you would want to provide the version of the `perl' binary
(type |perl -v| or |dpkg -s perl | grep ^Version:|).
Latest Etch version, although this has been a problem in all recent Etch
* Appropriate details of the hardware in your system. If you're
reporting a problem with a device driver please list /all/ the
hardware in your system, as problems are often caused by IRQ and
I/O address conflicts.