Re: CDBS news

Le Lun 10 Avril 2006 16:37, Peter Eisentraut a écrit :
> > well, the thing that worthes it IMHO, are :
> >  * dh_desktop use (but maybe you do it now, I've not verified)
>
> I don't know what that does, but the gnome class uses it, so I don't
> see a problem adding it.

it currently takes care of calling update-desktop-database from
postinst/postrm (it's useful when your packages provide .desktop
files). As almost every KDE/GNOME packages provides some, it's a good
idea to have it for'em by default. Though maybe we should not do it in
debhelper.mk, and that has to be merged into kde.mk after all.

AFAICT, dh_desktop does not seem to check there *is* .desktop files in
the package

> >  * lintian overrides, we use debian/$(cdbs_curpkg).lintian
> >  * reportbug presubj (again we use debian/$(cdbs_curpkg).presubj)
> >    => there is a couple of other files reportbug uses, and maybe
> > having a reportbug.mk one day may be nice.
>
> That is something that debhelper should do.

afaict, it does not, but maybe some dh_bugfiles and dh_lintianoverrides
would be nice, you're right.

> > Some kind of automatic building rule for manpages that are under
> > sgml form would be nice too, but our method is a bit hacky-dirty
> > and should not be merged into cdbs.
>
> Something to think about.
yeah, I'm not sure if that's easy to achieve though. the nice thing
would be to add for each $manpage from debian/*.manpages automagic
rules to create them from the .sgml file of the same name with
docbook-to-man, or from the .man file using soelim, ...

I suppose we could write that that way:

$(shell cat debian/*.manpages):
    if test ! -f $@; then                                  \
        src=`echo $@ | sed -e 's/\.[^.]*$$//'`;            \
        if test -f $$src.sgml; then                        \
            docbook-to-man ....;                           \
        elif test -f $$src.man; then                       \
            soelim ....;                                   \
        else                                               \
            echo "Cannot find how to build non existing man page $@ in
$(cdbs_curpkg)"; \
            exit 1;
        fi;                                                \
    fi

or something approaching, but I find that quite ugly, and I've not been
able to find something better.

> Regarding
>
> DEB_COMPRESS_EXCLUDE += .bz2 .css
>
> The debhelper documentation states that these are automatically
> excluded.  Are you finding that not to be the case?

I don't know, Christopher commited that change recently when he deleted
our kde.mk from our repository, I don't know if he checked that, or if
he only did that because he didn't saw it in your kde.mk and didn't
checked the doc ;)

[reading sources]

you are right, those are already exluded in dh_compress.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit