Question about removable media / Konqueror

Hi,

I have a question about the configuration of removable media, which I
didn't find an answer for:

When I plug in a USB Stick, konquerer shows the stick under

  media:

When I then select the stick to be mounted, I receive an error message
like

  mount: can't find /dev/sdc1 in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

I could easily add /dev/sdc1 to /etc/fstab, but that wouldn't be
advisable.

- Depending on the order of media, the stick is not always sdc, but
  sometimes anything else.

- I'd like to have different stick mounted to different places, so not
  always /dev/sdc1 to the same place.

A good solution would be to use the UUID instead of the device path,
but how do I teach konqueror or the underlying programs to do that?

regards
Hadmut