Re: Crash when loading application image

> I've received a bug report [1] against packagesearch crashing on arch
> i386 (it was reported to work fine on amd64). The backtrace [2]
> indicates that the problem lies within the QT library, and the fact that
> with Qt 4.0.1 everything worked fine seem to support this thesis.
> Therefore I would like to reassign the bug to libqt4-core.
>
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=346565
> [2]
> #0  0xb76c2883 in QImage::scanLine () from /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4
> #1  0xb76ab2d9 in QWidgetPrivate::setWindowIcon_sys () from /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4
> #2  0xb7681a8e in QWidget::setWindowIcon () from /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4
> #3  0x08070ea0 in Ui_PackageSearch::setupUi ()
> #4  0x0806ae01 in PackageSearchImpl::PackageSearchImpl ()
> #5  0x0806222e in main ()

Taking a look into it, I seems very likely, that the following code is
causing the crash:
        PackageSearch->setWindowIcon(QIcon(QString::fromUtf8("../icons/packagesearch.png")));
and it crashes only if packagesearch.png is not available in ../icons/.
This used to work fine in earlier versions of QT (up to 4.0.1) and
probably should not lead to a crash. The line was created in from a ui
file, and I had it there to have a nice symbol when editing the file in
the designer. Later in the code I am setting the icon to something that
works for the normal installation.
So a quick fix for packagesearch is, to simply remove the reference to
the icon from the ui file. However I think it is still no the
appropriate thing to crash (and it seems not to do so on amd64). Perhaps
a bug report to Trolltech is due?

Note that I was not able to verify my thesis, because currently I can't
compile with the latest QT due to bug #346603.

Best regards

Ben

Please CC, I am not on debian-qt-kde