Re: KDE 3.4 into sid delayed a bit

On Thursday 09 June 2005 22:04, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>   this is a short mail to let you know that KDE 3.4 entering unstable
>   will take a while, since this transition is tied now to the C++ ABI
>   transition (see [1] for details).
>
>     [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/06/msg00004.html

While I understand the idea to reduce load on the servers I really think that
sucks.
KDE 3.4 has been artificially delayed due to the Sarge freeze and I guess the
ABI transition will also take a while.

>   Note that the packages in experimental (or Alioth, they're the same)
>   would be uploaded to sid now with very little modifications if there
>   wasn't this transition happening, so it should be safe to upgrade.

Sigh.
Switched from stable to unstable to avoid secondary sources.

>   In case you're wondering, GNOME 2.10 has been able to transition right
>   now because it's not written in C++.

Poor gtkmm maintainers and gtkmm applications ;)
I guess getting your tediously compiled platform splitted sucks even more :)

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at>