Re: KDE 3.5.0 final packages now on alioth

Christopher Martin wrote:
> [Please follow-up to debian-kde@lists.debian.org only. Thanks.]

> Please report problems by mailing debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.org only, not
> filing a bug report.

???

Ok, I'll then try to report the most serious problem I found on both lists.
f'up2 gmane.linux.debian.devel.qt-kde.

Using the new KDE packages, Xinerama support in kDesktop und Kicker seems to
be completely messed up while it works fine in kwin.

All desktop icons and all of Kicker's control bars only appear on the
primary monitor. Desktop icons which previously where on a different
monitor or are dragged to another monitor just end up being on the first /
primary one.

Kicker's control bars which where configured to sit on other monitors simply
disappeared completely, including the external task list. Only the control
bars on the first monitor are shown and work as expected.

I updated to Debian's KDE 3.4.3 before, so my system passed the C++
allocator transition cleanly. Using KDE 3.4.3 everything worked as
expected, just as it did with KDE 3.4.2 before the transition.

System is Debian SID, AMD64. Updated yetserday, verified that everything
worked, then updated to the experimental KDE 3.5 packages.

Greetings,

  Gunter

--
Ever noticed that people who spend money on beer, cigarettes and drugs
are always complaining about being broke and not feeling well?