Re: arts crash with 3.5rc1 package

On November 17, 2005 16:39, Yves Glodt wrote:
> On Thursday 17 November 2005 02:17, Christopher Martin wrote:
> > On November 16, 2005 16:12, Yves Glodt wrote:
> > > The upgrade went smoothly here, only arts crashes as soon as it is
> > > asked to play a sound, with this backtrace:
> >
> > I can reproduce this behaviour only under the following
> > circumstances: libakode2 (and maybe libakode-dev) are installed, but
> > libarts1-akode is not. I don't quite know why this causes problems,
> > but will look into it. Could you confirm that this is the case for
> > you as well? Install libarts1-akode, test, then remove all akode
> > packages, and test again, and let me know if these package
> > combinations avoid the crashes.
>
> yes they do, arts runs and plays now

Thanks. I've spoken to the akode maintainer, and he's moved the problematic
files back to kdemultimedia in the libarts1-akode plugin, so that they
won't be installed when akode is not. This way arts should not crash
regardless of the combination of packages installed. When KDE 3.5.0 is
released/packaged and we also update our own akode package, then this
problem should disappear.

Cheers,
Christopher Martin