Re: arts crash with 3.5rc1 package

Christopher Martin wrote:
On November 16, 2005 16:12, Yves Glodt wrote:
The upgrade went smoothly here, only arts crashes as soon as it is asked
to play a sound, with this backtrace:

I can reproduce this behaviour only under the following circumstances: libakode2 (and maybe libakode-dev) are installed, but libarts1-akode is not. I don't quite know why this causes problems, but will look into it. Could you confirm that this is the case for you as well? Install libarts1-akode, test, then remove all akode packages, and test again, and let me know if these package combinations avoid the crashes.

I will do so this evening at home... I'll keep you informed.

Thanks,
Yves

Thanks,
Christopher Martin