speedup the startuptime of kde apps

Hi kde-qt-devs,

today I read a block which gives you a hint how to speedup you kde
applications:

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1594

In short it says:

If the fonts module in KControl has entries like "sans serif" or
"monospace", find out what these aliases refer to with "fc-match monospace"
and replace it with the answer (in my case bitstream vera sans).

Since Debian has sans serif and monospace as default in KControl for a while
I'd like to know how to measure the speedup in order to evaluate this tip.

Sorry if this is a bit OT, but maybe the results could be usefull for KDE in
Debian.

Kind regards

Bastian