Re: Some question about KDE in debian in hte future

* Yves Glodt [Sat, 22 Oct 2005 16:47:02 +0200]:

> Hello,

Hi,

> I highly appreciate the quality of the KDE packages the debain project
> supplies, and I have a few questions about the future of KDE in sid and
> etch...

> - Will etch see KDE 3.4 or go directly to 3.5?

  Etch will see KDE 3.4 (hopefully before the end of the year), but will
  release with 3.5, if all goes well.

> - When KDE 3.5 will land in sid, will it this time be compiled with
> hidden symbols (-vfisibility), or is it still considered unstable?

  I don't have an answer for this.

  Cheers,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one
instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every
program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work.