Suggestion about default resolution

Hi dear developer!

I have realised that I got different fontsizes if I start with Kdm or via "startx" and at last I found out why.

In /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc the resolution is given by the command

"exec /usr/bin/X11/X -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp"

but in /etc/kde3/kdm/Xservers it's only looks like this

":0 local@tty1 /usr/X11R6/bin/X -nolisten tcp"

I suggest that you put "-dpi 100" even in the kdm file. That will make the Debian environment more consistent and less confusing. And 100 dbi is in my opinion a good choise.

But you do as you like. I'm very thankful for all your good work anyway.

Now I must found out why I can't get the startup sound to work then I use Kdm but then I use startx. That can be another story.

Thanks again!

Magnus Berg

Magnus Berg

parrhesiast