Re: Qt4: libqjpeg.so

vincenzo pisani <vincenzopisani@yahoo.it> writes:

> Hi,
> first of all thanks for your great work.
> Now go to the question.
> I'm try to using the new Qt4.
> If compiling it by myself with:
>
>         ./configure -system-libjpeg -.....
> or
>         without -system-libjpeg
>
> i can found in plugin directory
>
>         imageformats/libjpeg.so
>
> but if i install your qt4 package this file can not be
> found in any location.

Hmm, that might be a bug in the Debian packages.

> I read somewhere that in Qt4, jpeg support is only  by plugin and it
> use "system libjpeg" or "libjpeg bundled with Qt". Is true?

I seem to recall Trolltech dropping compiled-in jpeg support late in the
Qt4 development cycle, but I might not have updated the packages to
include it as a plugin.

Did you try using the Qt4 packages with jpeg images?  If you did and it
did not work, please file a bug.

--
Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.