And again... At this very moment I know what is causing this failure but not why it does that. I did rearrange the K-Menu using kmenuedit. I did some tests and I was able to isolate one specific action. My changes included moving /System/ to another menu. There is no problem in moving the entries within System/ to another menu and even not in deleting the empty System/ entry afterwards (I didn't check deleting the non-empty menu). It occurs only if you _move_ /System/. I checked the configs and it's less than 40 lines difference between the success and failure configs. I will attach a small file containing three sample configs which can be put into $HOME of a newly created account. "Vorgabe" is the stripped down menu from which I started the two tests. "TestOK" and "TestNO" are the results of differently configuring.
Description: OpenPGP digital signature