Re: Question concerning dependencies of kdegraphics

Le Mer 22 Juin 2005 10:47, Carsten Sierks a écrit :
> Hi folks,
>
> I just wanted to do some housekeeping on my Debian box and tried to
> deleselt the scanner-tools sane and the package kamera. Both since I
> do not have a scanner for that box and do not plan to connect my
> digi-cam to it. After deselection of these packages, there was a
> dependency check that kdegraphics depends on these.
>
> Similar holds true for all the kde games.
>
> Why do you deem it necessary on having the kde package to have also
> all the scanner, cam-stuff and games?

you are not forced to use the kdegraphics meta package, and you can
select the sub packages you need. but kdegraphics holds kooka, and also
depend on it. and kooka needs sane and scanner stuff to work.

son don't install kdegraphics and only select the packages you need, and
all will be OK.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit